M365 Co-Pilot only shows a download link for created documents

Sean Venter 0 Reputation points
2026-02-15T11:02:01.34+00:00

Good day

I am on the Family Version of Office 365 and use Co-Pilot to help me with generating Power Point slides for when I give class. I was able to download 1 set of slides, where I successfully combined 2 Slide Decks into 1, but not again.

I want to know why can I not have co-pilot assist me in creating a power point file, when I am giving all the content needed to generate the slides. I'm paying a substantial amount of money and do not find it fair that I am being liimited like this.

I get the link, and it says "click this link to download", but when I move my mouse over the link, or file, I am not able to click it, or save the file. This is in the M365 App, the Co-Pilot website and also within the Office 365 programs.

I need help urgently.

Microsoft Copilot | Microsoft 365 Copilot | Development
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. AI answer

    2026-02-15T11:02:15.18+00:00

    It sounds like you're experiencing issues with the Co-Pilot feature in Microsoft 365 when trying to generate PowerPoint slides. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot the problem:

    1. Check Your License: Ensure that your Microsoft 365 Family subscription supports the Co-Pilot feature. Some features may be limited based on the type of subscription.
    2. Update Your Applications: Make sure that all your Microsoft Office applications are updated to the latest version. Sometimes, bugs or issues can be resolved with updates.
    3. Sign Out and Back In: Try signing out of your Microsoft account in the Office applications and then signing back in. This can sometimes resolve syncing issues.
    4. Clear Cache: If you're using the web version, clearing your browser's cache might help resolve any loading issues with the Co-Pilot feature.
    5. Check Organizational Policies: If you're part of an organization, check with your admin to ensure that there are no policies blocking the use of Co-Pilot features.
    6. Contact Support: If the issue persists, consider reaching out to Microsoft Support for further assistance. They may be able to provide more specific guidance based on your account and setup.

    If you continue to have issues, it might be helpful to provide specific error messages or behaviors you encounter when trying to use the download link.

    AI-generated content may be incorrect. Read our transparency notes for more information.

    Was this answer helpful?

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.