Windows 11 – Photos and WhatsApp not working properly

Umair Ali Raza 0 Reputation points
2026-02-14T11:42:24.91+00:00

Hi everyone,

I’m using Windows 11 and recently I started having problems with some apps. The Photos app and WhatsApp are not working properly on my computer.

Issues I’m seeing:

  • Photos app does not open images correctly / sometimes crashes or freezes

WhatsApp desktop is slow or not loading messages properly

Overall these apps feel unstable while other things work normally

What I have tried so far:

Restarting the computer

Checking internet connection

Updating Windows (if applicable)

I’m not very technical, so I would really appreciate simple step-by-step suggestions on how to fix this.

Could this be a Windows 11 issue, app conflict, or something related to updates?

Thanks in advance for any help.


💡 Small expert tip (optional – add if true)

If you can, also include:

Your Windows 11 version (Settings → System → About)

When the problem started (after update? recently?)

Whether this happens with all pictures or only some files

This helps experts give faster solutions.Hi everyone,

I’m using Windows 11 and recently I started having problems with some apps. The Photos app and WhatsApp are not working properly on my computer.

Issues I’m seeing:

Photos app does not open images correctly / sometimes crashes or freezes

WhatsApp desktop is slow or not loading messages properly

Overall these apps feel unstable while other things work normally

What I have tried so far:

Restarting the computer

Checking internet connection

Updating Windows (if applicable)

I’m not very technical, so I would really appreciate simple step-by-step suggestions on how to fix this.

Could this be a Windows 11 issue, app conflict, or something related to updates?

Thanks in advance for any help.


💡 Small expert tip (optional – add if true)

If you can, also include:

Your Windows 11 version (Settings → System → About)

When the problem started (after update? recently?)

Whether this happens with all pictures or only some files

This helps experts give faster solutions.

Windows development
Windows development

A set of tools and technologies that enable developers to build, optimize, and deploy applications and services within the Windows ecosystem.

0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. AI answer

    2026-02-14T11:42:42.51+00:00

    It sounds like you're experiencing issues with the Photos app and WhatsApp on Windows 11. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve these problems:

    1. Check for Updates: Ensure that both Windows and the apps are up to date. Go to Settings > Windows Update and check for any available updates. For the Photos app and WhatsApp, you can check for updates in the Microsoft Store.
    2. Reset the Apps: You can reset the Photos app and WhatsApp to see if that resolves the issues. To reset:
      • Go to Settings > Apps > Apps & features.
      • Find Photos and click on it, then select Advanced options and click Reset.
      • Repeat this for WhatsApp.
    3. Run the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter: This built-in tool can help identify and fix issues with apps. Go to Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot > Additional troubleshooters and select Windows Store Apps.
    4. Check App Permissions: Ensure that both apps have the necessary permissions to function correctly. Go to Settings > Privacy and check the permissions for the Photos app and WhatsApp.
    5. Reinstall the Apps: If the issues persist, consider uninstalling and then reinstalling the Photos app and WhatsApp. You can uninstall them from Settings > Apps > Apps & features and then reinstall them from the Microsoft Store.
    6. Check for Known Issues: Sometimes, specific versions of Windows 11 may have known issues affecting certain apps. You can check the Microsoft support pages for any reported issues related to the version of Windows 11 you are using.

    If these steps do not resolve your issues, it may be beneficial to provide additional details such as your Windows 11 version and when the problems started, as this can help in diagnosing the issue further.


    References:

    AI-generated content may be incorrect. Read our transparency notes for more information.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.