How do I delete an old account that I don’t have access to anymore.

Les Bartha 0 Reputation points
2026-02-12T16:41:34.8066667+00:00

I started with the account #######@sympatico.ca many years ago. I moved my email address to #######@rogers.ca about 5 + years ago and the sympatico address keeps coming up to allow me access. I want to delete the old address.

Microsoft Security | Microsoft Identity Manager
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Newest
  1. AI answer

    2026-02-12T16:41:43.4+00:00

    To delete an old Microsoft account that you no longer have access to, you typically need to follow these steps:

    1. Sign in to the Microsoft account: If you can still access the account, sign in and go to the account settings.
    2. Close the account: Navigate to the option to close your account. Microsoft usually requires you to verify your identity, which can be challenging if you no longer have access to the recovery options.
    3. Contact Microsoft Support: If you cannot access the account, you may need to contact Microsoft Support for assistance. They can guide you through the process, although account deletion without access can be difficult due to security policies.

    Please note that if the account has not been accessed in over two years, it may have already been permanently deleted by Microsoft, and there may be no further action required on your part.


    References:

    AI-generated content may be incorrect. Read our transparency notes for more information.

    Was this answer helpful?

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.