How to remove English (United States) Keyboard Layout

Jamie Clapson 20 Reputation points
2026-02-04T01:18:59.8966667+00:00

so I need to only have the Japanese and English (Australia) Keyboard layouts but even though I have remove English (United States) in the settings it still persists

Screenshot 2026-02-04 140512

Screenshot 2026-02-04 140446

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Input and language
0 comments No comments

Answer accepted by question author
John DeV 170.4K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2026-02-04T01:56:27.3233333+00:00

Hi, good day!

Open Settings > Time and Language > Language and Region

Under the "Language" section, click the Add a language button for the "Preferred languages" setting.

Find English (United States) then Install it

Once added, Select English (United States) then click Remove


After that, proceed with the steps below.

  1. Press Start then search Control Panel

Click Region > Administrative tab > Change System Locale

Set the language in the drop-down list to the same as the System Language

  1. Press Start then search Control Panel

Click Region > Administrative tab > Copy settings

On the bottom, Check both options "Welcome screen and system accounts" and "New user accounts"

Click OK

Restart your computer.

I look forward to receiving your update and I'm willing to collaborate with you till we resolve the issue. Do keep me informed by clicking "Add comment" below.

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.

0 additional answers

Sort by: Newest

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.