We couldn't connect to the update service.

Jorge Vargas 20 Reputation points
2026-01-26T14:16:07.8866667+00:00

When trying to update windows, this message is what I get:

We couldn't connect to the update service. We'll try again later, or you can check now. If it still doesn't work, make sure you're connected to the Internet.

Run troubleshoot several times, change DNS and IPv4, disconnected the firewall, reboot router, uninstalled update 24H2, change DepenOnService and enable the AutoProxySvc.

Also, cannot login on OneDrive, even I can see one drive with file explorer.

Nothing works at this point. need recommendation to be able to run windows updates.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update
0 comments No comments

Answer accepted by question author
David-M 127K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2026-01-26T14:51:52.18+00:00

Hi. I'm David, and I'm happy to help you.


Please clarify the following:

  • Do you have a third-party antivirus installed? If yes, which one?
  • Do you have any VPN software installed? (Even if it's not running at the moment) If yes, which one?

Also. What is the current "OS Build" of your Windows 11?

  • Press "Windows + R", type winver, and click OK.

If you prefer, share a screenshot. Use the shortcut "Windows + Shift + S" to use the screenshot tool.

Be sure to censor your email address if it appears. The Microsoft Q&A is public.


I await your reply.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.

5 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Jorge Vargas 20 Reputation points
    2026-01-27T13:53:54.8666667+00:00

    I did all the recomendations above and still not able to process windows updates.

    Any help will be appreciated.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.