How do I contact Postmaster for Outlook or Hotmail?

Hu SNDS 15 Reputation points
2026-01-26T11:25:50.19+00:00

I appreciate this is most likely the wrong place to be asking this question, but I've been trying to find the correct place to raise an issue for a while now.

I'm trying to diagnose an issue when SENDING TO Outlook and Hotmail emails. My sending IP is being "temporarily rate-limited".

I've tried accessing https://substrate.office.com/ip-domain-management-snds/postmaster/ but it is currently returning a 500 error response.
I've also tried using https://sendersupport.olc.protection.outlook.com/snds but it consistently says there are no issues with the IP.
I've raised issues with https://olcsupport.office.com/ but there's no space to say the issue keeps coming back or to start a discussion with anyone.

I'd really like to figure how I'm meant to get support on with this type of issue.

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Email

1 answer

Sort by: Oldest
  1. AI answer

    2026-01-26T11:26:02.3333333+00:00

    To contact support for issues related to sending emails to Outlook or Hotmail, you can follow these steps:

    1. Use the Delist Portal: If your sending IP is being temporarily rate-limited, you can request removal from the Microsoft 365 blocked senders list using the delist portal. This portal allows you to submit a request if you encounter errors when sending messages to Microsoft 365 recipients.
    2. Follow Non-Delivery Reports (NDR): If you receive a non-delivery report (NDR), follow any instructions provided in the message. This may include contacting Microsoft support directly.
    3. Contact Microsoft Support: Since external senders typically cannot open support tickets directly, you may need to ask the Microsoft 365 recipient to contact Microsoft Support on your behalf. They can open a support ticket related to your sending issues.
    4. Check Common Problems: Review the common problems that external senders encounter in the article on troubleshooting email sent to Microsoft 365. This may provide insights into the specific issue you are facing.

    If you continue to experience difficulties, it may be beneficial to ensure that your DNS settings are correct and that your sending reputation is being managed appropriately.


    References:

    AI-generated content may be incorrect. Read our transparency notes for more information.

    Was this answer helpful?

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.