How to disable Power BI subscription via Power BI API?

Adelle 0 Reputation points
2026-01-13T19:03:59.6733333+00:00

I am trying to disable a power bi subscription via API in a logic app. I am able to retrieve the subscription ID with an API call, but when I try to disable I get a 404 not found error.

The only documentation I can find on this in Microsoft is: POST /Subscriptions({Id})/Model.Disable which doesn't work.

I tried using POST with the URI: https://api.powerbi.com/v1.0/myorg/groups/{groupId}/subscriptions/{subscriptionId}/disabled
https://api.powerbi.com/v1.0/myorg/reports/{reportid}/subscriptions/{subscriptionId}/disabled
Neither seem to work and I keep getting a 404 error.

Azure Logic Apps
Azure Logic Apps

An Azure service that automates the access and use of data across clouds without writing code.


1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. AI answer

    2026-01-13T19:04:07.2866667+00:00

    To disable a Power BI subscription via the API, you should ensure that you are using the correct endpoint and method. The typical endpoint for disabling a subscription is:

    POST https://api.powerbi.com/v1.0/myorg/groups/{groupId}/subscriptions/{subscriptionId}/disable
    

    Make sure that you replace {groupId} and {subscriptionId} with the actual IDs you have retrieved. Note that the correct action is to use /disable at the end of the URI, not /disabled.

    If you continue to receive a 404 error, verify the following:

    1. Ensure that the subscription ID and group ID are valid and exist in your Power BI environment.
    2. Check that you have the necessary permissions to disable the subscription.
    3. Confirm that the subscription is not already disabled or deleted.

    If these checks do not resolve the issue, consider reviewing the API documentation for any updates or changes regarding subscription management.


    References:

    AI-generated content may be incorrect. Read our transparency notes for more information.

    Was this answer helpful?

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.