Sign in option > All apps can ask to sign me in

Anthony 0 Reputation points
2025-12-29T03:03:49.88+00:00

Hello, I recently installed a fresh copy of windows 11 and had an issue with my original Microsoft account not recognizing my PC on devices so I decided to create a new account which fixed the issue. I have made this new account my primary account now, but I had a question regarding the sign in options within the Accounts settings. Is "All apps can ask to sign me in" the mandatory setting for the primary account? It's greyed out and I can't change it like I can on the now secondary account. I am mainly wondering if this means ill either be asked to sign in to certain apps every time I use them or if I'll automatically be signed in to everything that I've already logged into previously. Thank you for your time!

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Security and privacy
0 comments No comments

2 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. AI answer

    2025-12-29T03:04:56.0166667+00:00

    The setting "All apps can ask to sign me in" being greyed out for your primary account indicates that this is a system-managed setting that cannot be changed by the user. In Windows 11, certain sign-in options are configured based on the account type and the policies applied to it.

    When this setting is enabled, it means that apps will have the ability to prompt you to sign in, but it does not necessarily mean that you will be asked to sign in every time you use them. If you have already logged into certain apps with your primary account, they may remember your credentials and keep you signed in automatically. However, if you have not logged into an app yet, or if the app requires re-authentication, you may be prompted to sign in again.

    In summary, while the setting is mandatory and cannot be changed, it does not imply that you will always have to sign in to every app every time you use them. It allows apps to ask for sign-in when needed, based on their individual authentication requirements.

    AI-generated content may be incorrect. Read our transparency notes for more information.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.