Dear @AW Vancouver,
Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Q&A forum. I completely understand how frustrating this popup is, especially in workplaces where AI tools aren’t allowed or wanted. I want to reassure you that what you’re seeing isn’t the Copilot app itself. It’s a temporary promotional banner introduced in a recent Office update. It can show up even if Copilot is uninstalled or disabled, which makes the experience understandably confusing. The popup may disappear automatically in the next few days.
I also tested this on my side, and interestingly, after clicking the “Try now” button once, the popup stopped appearing entirely, even after restarting my PC and open Word and Excel again. I can’t guarantee this will behave the same way for you, but I wanted to share it as a possible quick workaround.
Please understand that our initial response does not always resolve the issue immediately. However, with your help and more detailed information, we can work together to find a solution.
I truly appreciate your patience and understanding. If you have any further questions or need further clarification, please feel free to reach out. I'm looking forward to hearing from you.
Thank you for your cooperation.
If the answer is helpful, please click "Accept Answer" and kindly upvote it. If you have extra questions about this answer, please click "Comment".
Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.