2025-12 Security Update (KB5072033) (26200.7462) will not install. Any suggestions?

Jon Buuck 545 Reputation points
2025-12-09T22:22:56.5733333+00:00

I've downloaded 2025-12 Security Update (KB5072033) (26200.7462) three times, and each time it fails to install. Any suggestions or is this a problem with the update. My computer is a week old.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. SMedbourn 120 Reputation points
    2025-12-10T23:56:00.0166667+00:00

    I too am experiencing the same error 2025-12 Security Update (KB5072033) (26200.7462) Install error - 0x800f0922.

    I also did DISM /ONLINE /CLEANUP-IMAGE /RESTOREHEALTH and sfc /scannow and it said it found some corruption and fixed it (took an hour long). Ran Updater again and still failed.

    I'm wasting too much time today trying to fix this.

    I even tried to install from Windows Update Catalog after I downloaded but it too failed.

    This seems to be a bigger issue than MS thought, I am going to wait for it to be fixed, If not then I guess I won't need updates.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.

  2. Yoram Burg 130 Reputation points
    2025-12-10T20:40:24.9166667+00:00

    Final update from me: solution # 2 in this video did the trick for me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-D_EvSASF6A

    But..... then the Update came back?!?! ..

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.

  3. Chris Evanoff 0 Reputation points
    2025-12-10T18:02:18.76+00:00

    i was having the same issue but then i tried again and it was successful and completed my update! so anyone that was having the same issue should be able to retry and it should complete your update

    Was this answer helpful?


  4. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  5. Jon Buuck 545 Reputation points
    2025-12-10T13:00:43.6533333+00:00

    Thank you for your diligence in this. I'm sorry Microsoft has caused this known issue and their response to be so problematic.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.