2025-12 Security Update (KB5072033) (26200.7462) will not install. Any suggestions?

Jon Buuck 545 Reputation points
2025-12-09T22:22:56.5733333+00:00

I've downloaded 2025-12 Security Update (KB5072033) (26200.7462) three times, and each time it fails to install. Any suggestions or is this a problem with the update. My computer is a week old.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Yoram Burg 130 Reputation points
    2025-12-12T18:00:18.73+00:00

    SOLVED: used "Reset" then - "Fix Problems Using Windows Update" - it reinstalled 25H2, didn't have to reinstall anything - problem solved.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.

  2. Naatu 15 Reputation points
    2025-12-12T14:55:32.0033333+00:00

    I finally solved the problem 🎉 I tried many different things before I stumbled on this solution:

    • Press WIN + R → run optionalfeatures.exe
    • Enable .NET Framework 3.5 and install it
    • Restart your PC
    • After the reboot, click Retry on the update
    • It will go to 100% and then require another restart

    After the second restart, the update 2025-12 Security Update (KB5072033) (26200.7462) finally installed successfully!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.

  3. Thomas Issakainen 0 Reputation points
    2025-12-12T05:14:32.7233333+00:00

    Självklart! Här är en autentisk, nära-original översättning till engelska:


    Now everything is up to date. I had to do a clean reinstall of Windows, and then wifi and Bluetooth didn’t work, so I had to download the wifi and Bluetooth drivers using my phone. I turned on developer options and USB debugging on the phone and used Android Auto to transfer the wifi and Bluetooth drivers to the computer via USB cable and install them. After that, I got internet and Bluetooth working, and then the computer handled the rest.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  4. Passegua 61 Reputation points
    2025-12-11T13:07:34.67+00:00

    Thanks everyone for the advice.

    I solved it by accident.

    Since I saw that there was an Intel graphics driver that was telling me: "Waiting for Windows to complete the installation..."

    I uninstalled ALL Intel programs, including the graphics driver, and rebooted.

    Upon rebooting, the latest Windows 11 update installed without any errors.

    Then I reinstalled the Intel Driver & Support Assistant to verify that there were no drivers that needed updating, and now everything works as it should.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  5. Ramesh 182K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2025-12-11T05:49:38.95+00:00

    This should help → Fix issues by reinstalling the current version of Windows - Microsoft Support


    If you don't want to repair install, please share your CBS logs on OneDrive and post the link here.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.