2025-12 Security Update (KB5072033) (26200.7462) will not install. Any suggestions?

Jon Buuck 545 Reputation points
2025-12-09T22:22:56.5733333+00:00

I've downloaded 2025-12 Security Update (KB5072033) (26200.7462) three times, and each time it fails to install. Any suggestions or is this a problem with the update. My computer is a week old.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Michael Copen 5 Reputation points
    2025-12-18T14:55:04.1833333+00:00

    I just went into WSUS to approve updates. This update and another will not download in the wsus console. That led me to this forum. I'm just going to hold off worrying about deploying the updates until the wsus implementation is fixed and from what you are all saying, it's bricking devices anyways.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments

  2. Hamish McLean 5 Reputation points
    2025-12-17T21:37:11.14+00:00

    I would suggest not trying to force the update as there is clearly an issue.

    I would suggest that you wait for the next update as, MS in all their wisdom, will likely have 'fixed' the issue.

    If you try to force the update, be prepared to lose data and reimage your PC !

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments

  3. 林宗昇 8,360 Reputation points
    2025-12-17T09:28:27.5+00:00

    Hopefully, Microsoft can resolve the installation failure issue of the December 2025 security update (KB5072033) (26200.7462) by early next year, allowing us to install the update smoothly. Stop focusing solely on AI development; start solving problems. Microsoft seems inadequate in this regard.

    I was also able to successfully upgrade to 25H2My laptop runs Windows 24H2.

    OS configuration: 26100.7309

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments

  4. Mulldog 30 Reputation points
    2025-12-16T15:44:53.8533333+00:00

    Will Microsoft be issuing a fix for this soon? I did a reset, and it took me ages to get my drivers and my printer working again.

    I'm not very tech-savvy, so I won't be trying anything else that eats into my working day.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.

  5. Shekhar Kumar 0 Reputation points
    2025-12-16T15:37:19.8866667+00:00

    Update date and time settings from the settings app

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.