2025-12 Security Update (KB5072033) (26200.7462) will not install. Any suggestions?

Jon Buuck 545 Reputation points
2025-12-09T22:22:56.5733333+00:00

I've downloaded 2025-12 Security Update (KB5072033) (26200.7462) three times, and each time it fails to install. Any suggestions or is this a problem with the update. My computer is a week old.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

42 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Mulldog 30 Reputation points
    2026-01-06T19:42:37.5166667+00:00

    The release of Windows 11, version 25H2 (repair version) on 06.01.26, has now resolved the issue for me.

    Was this answer helpful?


  2. George Papadopoulos 0 Reputation points
    2026-01-06T19:22:59.44+00:00

    I tried all of the solutions above except the Reinstall Windows In-Place. I did't try that so I can't tell. But I found this one and it worked for me!

    https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/questions/5657081/problems-with-kb5072033-update?page=1&orderby=Helpful&comment=answer-12428566&translated=false#newest-answer-comment

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  3. George Papadopoulos 0 Reputation points
    2026-01-06T19:17:53.0133333+00:00

    Please delete this

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  4. Florio 0 Reputation points
    2026-01-01T17:59:07.4633333+00:00

    Hello Jon Buuck,

    I also have a new laptop, and up until last week had the same problem (which, it turns out, was linked to an issue with the mute light on my HP Envy). I fixed both problems by going to the link provided by Ramesh Srinivasan on this forum. I hope it can be of help:

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/fix-issues-by-reinstalling-the-current-version-of-windows-497ac6da-7cac-4641-82a5-f50398d879a0

    Florio

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  5. Adel Shaker Gergios 0 Reputation points
    2025-12-19T05:19:49.6833333+00:00

    WindowsPCHealthCheckSetup

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.