2025-12 Security Update (KB5072033) (26200.7462) will not install. Any suggestions?

Jon Buuck 545 Reputation points
2025-12-09T22:22:56.5733333+00:00

I've downloaded 2025-12 Security Update (KB5072033) (26200.7462) three times, and each time it fails to install. Any suggestions or is this a problem with the update. My computer is a week old.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

42 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Tristan T 10 Reputation points
    2025-12-13T04:14:35.5966667+00:00

    Hi! I was having the same issue! What has always fixed this issue for me is looking in the search bar and looking up "recovery options", once you select that find "Fix problems using Windows Update" and click "Reinstall now". This will reinstall ur current version of windows. You will not lose any files or apps. I had to do this twice already because of windows.

    Was this answer helpful?


  2. Thomas Issakainen 0 Reputation points
    2025-12-12T05:14:32.7233333+00:00

    Självklart! Här är en autentisk, nära-original översättning till engelska:


    Now everything is up to date. I had to do a clean reinstall of Windows, and then wifi and Bluetooth didn’t work, so I had to download the wifi and Bluetooth drivers using my phone. I turned on developer options and USB debugging on the phone and used Android Auto to transfer the wifi and Bluetooth drivers to the computer via USB cable and install them. After that, I got internet and Bluetooth working, and then the computer handled the rest.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  3. Passegua 61 Reputation points
    2025-12-11T13:07:34.67+00:00

    Thanks everyone for the advice.

    I solved it by accident.

    Since I saw that there was an Intel graphics driver that was telling me: "Waiting for Windows to complete the installation..."

    I uninstalled ALL Intel programs, including the graphics driver, and rebooted.

    Upon rebooting, the latest Windows 11 update installed without any errors.

    Then I reinstalled the Intel Driver & Support Assistant to verify that there were no drivers that needed updating, and now everything works as it should.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  4. Chris Evanoff 0 Reputation points
    2025-12-10T18:02:18.76+00:00

    i was having the same issue but then i tried again and it was successful and completed my update! so anyone that was having the same issue should be able to retry and it should complete your update

    Was this answer helpful?


  5. Estrella721 46,425 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-12-09T22:56:45.1433333+00:00

    Hi,

    1. Go to Settings > System > Windows Update.

    Take a screenshot and share it here.

    Do not include any personal information.

    1. Could you list the troubleshooting steps you've tried to avoid repeating them, if any?

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.