Hello Microsoft,
Whenever I add or update an app from the Microsoft Store, it automatically adds to the desktop in Windows 11. I do not want this, and I do not see any option under the MS Store settings for my account that allows for the user to choose whether they want an MS Store app to have a shortcut added on the desktop upon install or update. I know that one can go into File Explorer, right-click the Desktop folder, go to Properties > Security > Edit, and click the Deny checkbox for Full Control, under permissions in order to prevent shortcuts from being added to the desktop; however, that also wipes out my personal shortcuts that I've added for my files/programs and blocks my ability to add them back on. I unfortunately cannot find any other advice or detail on this topic despite many, many web searches.
It would be good if Microsoft updated the MS Store app to add an option in Store Settings under one's profile that prompts the user with toggle options to "Add desktop shortcut upon app installation" and also "Add desktop shortcut upon app update". That, methinks, would resolve the issue and a Windows user's frustration.
Otherwise, how do I stop Microsoft Store apps from automatically creating a desktop icon?
I do not want this forced program. I do not want MS Store spam.
Sincerely,
AIFWU: An Increasingly Frustrated Windows User