Microsoft Learn site throttling Copilot connector preventing content indexing

Peninah Waweru 0 Reputation points Microsoft Employee
2025-11-19T09:58:06.09+00:00

Hi there,

I'm from the SIGS team that's onboarding signals from 3P apps. We are keen on setting up an Enterprise Website on Cloud Copilot connector using Microsoft Learn - https://learn.microsoft.com - as a data source as it is a widely used cloud-hosted documentation platform. The high traffic it receives would generate interesting signals for the Search Relevance team to run informative experiments.

During Connector setup, I ran into an issue with content indexing. I realized that Microsoft Learn enforces throttling limits; when throttling occurs, the connector retries requests. Nevertheless, persistent throttling results in failed indexing.

Is your team in a position to make adjustments to enable Enterprise Website on Cloud copilot connector to crawl the site? If not, what would be your recommended approach to facilitate content indexing?

Thanks in advance.

Microsoft Copilot | Microsoft 365 Copilot | Development
0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.