Urgent Assistance Required – Unable to Access Microsoft Admin Portal Due to Lost Authenticator

Tam Tran Nhut 30 Reputation points
2025-11-19T07:53:25.9866667+00:00

Dear Microsoft Support Team,

I am experiencing an issue accessing the Microsoft Admin Center (https://admin.microsoft.com/#/homepage) to manage and verify my licenses.

I have the correct admin credentials for @xxxxxxx.onmicrosoft.com and can sign in successfully. However, when I reach the two-factor authentication step using Microsoft Authenticator, I am unable to receive the verification code because the phone that had my Microsoft Authenticator app was lost.

I attempted to verify using the SMS text message option, but it returned an error, as shown in the attached screenshot.

User's image

image (5)

I urgently need access to the admin portal to check my licenses. Please assist me as soon as possible.

Thank you very much for your prompt support.

Kind regards,

Windows for business | Windows Server | User experience | Other
0 comments No comments

Answer accepted by question author
HLBui 13,020 Reputation points Independent Advisor
2025-11-19T10:35:36.4133333+00:00

The password you reset was successful; however, Microsoft security policies still require MFA before the account can be used, which is why the system continues to prompt for verification even after you changed your password. Since the original phone with the Microsoft Authenticator app is lost and the SMS option is also failing, the only way to regain access is to have your MFA methods reset.

Because you are unable to sign in, the standard Support portal will not work. To proceed, please use Microsoft 365’s unauthenticated support request form which does not require logging in: https://admin.microsoft.com/AdminPortal/Home#/support/unauthenticated and choose**“I can’t sign in”** and you will be able to open a support case without MFA. A Microsoft Support agent will then verify your identity through alternate methods and initiate a secure MFA reset for your admin account.

If your tenant has another Global Administrator, they can also reset your MFA settings immediately from the Entra Admin Center, this remains the fastest option.

Thanks

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

7 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Tam Tran Nhut 30 Reputation points
    2025-11-19T11:12:10.9333333+00:00

    User's image

    OK, I think I was able to resolve it through the page https://support.serviceshub.microsoft.com/supportforbusiness/manage. Thank you very much for your support.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  2. HLBui 13,020 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-11-20T16:28:49.61+00:00

    Dear Tam Tran Nhut

    I am glad to hear that everything is working as expected and please feel free to let we know if you need any assistance in future

    Thank you so much.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  3. Agnieszka Kurowska 0 Reputation points
    2026-06-11T09:27:01.09+00:00

    Dear Support,

    I have a problem accessing the company account.

    I am the only administrator of the MFA tenant, and MFA has blocked me; I have no login method. The system does not switch me to account recovery. How can I solve the problem? The Authenticator app also does not work because I also have to log in there and provide a code that I have no way to provide.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.