How to fix a profile that is stuck in a MFA registration loop

Michael Snow 30 Reputation points
2025-11-19T00:43:44.11+00:00

Everything has been working fine for years, then on Monday my profile is stuck in a MFA registration loop and I can't access anything. i am using a different tenant here. I am the only admin on the account for years. I am extremely frustrated as i cant even pick up the phone to speak to any one.

my process is input user password then it goes to MS Authenticator that confirms it is me, it then moves to a screen where is say it is going to help secure my account the is show a selection of MS accounts to choose from, i select the appropriate one and then it loops back to this message.

How can i fix this problem when i can't get in on any portal. image

Microsoft Security | Microsoft Identity Manager
0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.