Additional Microsoft Entra services and features related to identity, access, and network security
Error while registering Security Key (FIDO2) – “We’re sorry, we ran into a problem” with Correction ID
Hi Team,
I am trying to register a Security Key (FIDO2 – Yubico Security Key NFC Type-A) under My Security Info (aka.ms/mysecurityinfo), but I keep getting the following error popup:
“We’re sorry, we ran into a problem. Please choose ‘Next’ to try again.”
The error message shows:
- Correlation ID: 6bac8660-e6d4-4be4-9ceb-affb2ffda117
- Timestamp: 2025-11-14T08:08:07.45Z
I have already tried:
Using a different browser (Edge/Chrome)
Using an incognito window
Removing and re-adding the key
Trying from another PC
Checking if FIDO2 is enabled in Azure AD
Checking Authentication Methods policy
Ensuring the key is not previously registered
Still, the same issue occurs.
What I want to confirm:
Is this error related to a tenant policy, Conditional Access, or Authentication Methods policy?
Do I need to enable any extra settings under:
Azure AD → Security → Authentication methods → FIDO2 Security Key
Screenshot_14-11-2025_133856_mysignins.microsoft.com 1.jpeg
**Azure AD → Devices → Device settings**
1. Does Microsoft see any backend failure related to my **Correction ID**?
Is this a known issue with YubiKey Security Key NFC Type-A on certain tenants?
What steps should I follow to resolve this?
Please help me understand what is causing this registration failure and how to fix it.