Clarification Needed on License Management and SaaS Offer Integration Requirements

Davis 0 Reputation points
2025-11-17T06:20:26.9566667+00:00

Hello Support Team,

I am creating a SaaS offer in Partner Center and need clarification on several required steps.

  1. Microsoft License Management Service

When configuring the offer, the portal asks:

“Would you like to use Microsoft license management service?”

Yes, Microsoft manages licenses

No, I will manage licenses

If I select Yes, the documentation states that my offer must:

Use Per-user pricing

Integrate with Microsoft Graph APIs to verify customer eligibility

Follow a flow that cannot be changed after publishing

I need the following clarifications:

If Microsoft is managing customer licenses, why is the landing page URL still mandatory during SaaS offer setup?

What exact Microsoft Graph API endpoints should my application use to confirm:

Whether the customer has valid licenses

Whether specific users are eligible

The number of assigned seats

Do I still need a custom backend to validate entitlements even if Microsoft manages licenses?

  1. SaaS Offer Integration

I also need clarity on the correct technical process to integrate my application with the SaaS offer. Specifically:

What are the exact steps required for my application to receive activation details after the customer completes the purchase?

What payload does Microsoft send to my application’s landing page (e.g., token, subscription ID, plan ID)?

Which API should my app call to retrieve the customer’s subscription details from Microsoft after activation?

What is the correct flow for:

Activating the customer

Handling seat assignments

Updating subscription status

Handling cancellation or change of plan

Is there an updated reference implementation or SDK for SaaS fulfillment integration?

Requesting detailed guidance so I can properly integrate my app with the SaaS offer according to Microsoft requirements.

Thank you.

Microsoft Security | Microsoft Entra | Microsoft Entra ID

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.