Why do I have to pay for Copilot that I never asked for and HATE beyond words?

Brenda D'Angelo 5 Reputation points
2025-11-16T02:05:05.0333333+00:00

I absolutely hate the Copilot program that has been INTRUSIVELY put into word docs. HATE HATE HATE it. No way to disable it. Never wanted it, will never use it - yet, this is the reason that I have to pay higher subscription fees to keep my OneDrive alive and preserving documents? Is Microsoft suddenly so poor, they need to do this to customers to provide bonuses to execs? I'm ready to print out any docs I want to preserve and go back to legal pads for my writing rather than pay an outrageous price for an annual subscription.

Microsoft Copilot | Microsoft 365 Copilot | Development

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.