Only paid customers can create a new Workforce tenant in Microsoft Entra ID

Tom 0 Reputation points
2025-11-14T10:33:18.0833333+00:00

I am an application developer wanting to enable "Log in with Microsoft" for users with microsoft organisation accounts. I am trying to do this using OIDC and Entra ID.

  • I have created an Azure account for the organisation that I work for (we don't already have an account through e.g. Office365 or any other products)
  • I understand that the first step is to create a new Entra ID tenant for our organization
  • When I try to do this I see the following:Screenshot 2025-11-14 at 10.22.09
  • Following the "Learn more" link takes me to this article, which states "Customers facing this scenario who need a new tenant can sign up for a free account". That link takes me to the link I used to create the Azure account for the organisation originally. So I think I already have a "free account", but I am still experiencing the issue.
  • I also tried adding a "pay as you go" subscription to the organisation account. For example, when I log into my azure account I see the following:
    Screenshot 2025-11-14 at 10.27.48
  • When I click on this subscription, I see the following:
    Screenshot 2025-11-14 at 10.28.56

What do I need to do to be able to create a new Entra ID Tenant attached to my organisation's Azure account?

Microsoft Security | Microsoft Entra | Microsoft Entra ID

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.