How can I connect my Linked Service to other cloud databases through a managed integration runtime (IR)?

Anonymous
2025-11-13T03:07:55.12+00:00

Scenario: Azure Cosmos DB NoSQL migration to Huawei Cloud DDS, with Azure Data Factory replicating the active migration data.

  1. The Azure public cloud IP range has been enabled in the security group of the target cloud database. My tag is DataFactory.EastUS. I confirmed that I used the Integration Runtime region of the Data Factory, which is displayed as East US.
  2. However, since the target database has only enabled the IPv4 communication protocol, my security group allows all IPv4 ranges of the corresponding region but does not allow the IPv6 ranges. I believe this does not affect connectivity, correct?
  3. I have verified that the link URL is correctly formatted and uses the public IP address of the target database.

However, the connectivity test to the target endpoint still failed. The error message indicated that the link had timed out, which appeared to be caused by a network disconnection.

Could you please help me see what the problem is? These are screenshots of link testing, managed integration runtime, security groups of the target database, etc.

User's image

User's imageUser's image

Azure Data Factory
Azure Data Factory

An Azure service for ingesting, preparing, and transforming data at scale.


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.