Azure Arc Private Link Error

Brenna 0 Reputation points
2025-11-12T14:59:30.4633333+00:00

I am slightly going insane with getting arc private link working with my on-prem Windows server.

After using the script to onboard the sever, everything shows fine in Azure:

  1. The private link scope is listed, and the server is provisioned
  2. The endpoint is able to resolve all of the privatelink endpoints
  3. There are no firewall issues that I am aware of

The problem is the server will not install extensions - why? Well, when running a private link check I get this:

Errors concerning Private Link Scope:

  • No indication of Private Link Scope but found private endpoint agentserviceapi.guestconfiguration.azure.com: 10.x.x.x
  • No indication of Private Link Scope but found private endpoint gbl.his.arc.azure.com: 10.x.x.x
  • No indication of Private Link Scope but found private endpoint westeurope-gas.guestconfiguration.azure.com: 10.x.x.x
  • No indication of Private Link Scope but found private endpoint weu.his.arc.azure.com: 10.x.x.x

When checking the extension installation log I see:

VM not in PrivateLink Downloading package from URI: https://weu.his.arc.azure.com/extensions/extensionpackages/microsoft.softwareupdatemanagement__windowsosupdateextension/microsoft.softwareupdatemanagement__windowsosupdateextension__1.0.33.0.zip.

Again, the endpoint can resolve the privatelink urls just fine, but it almost assumes it is not in a private link when it is. Is this a bug or am I just missing something obvious?

Thanks in advance!

Azure Arc
Azure Arc

A Microsoft cloud service that enables deployment of Azure services across hybrid and multicloud environments.


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.