New account unusable due to user not being in tenant (???)

Vincent 0 Reputation points
2025-11-11T12:44:42.6666667+00:00

I just created a new account and wanted to create an Entra app. However, I cannot use Azure because I keep getting an error that does user does not exist in tenant. No idea what it is supposed to mean, this was a new clean signup.

Full error below. This is a brand new account, and the only account in this org. It is unusable and I cannot even file a support ticket because nothing on Azure works. Incredibly frustrating.

It needs to work for this specific email address so I can't just try another one. Any idea what is going wrong here?

{
  "sessionId": "b792e3e8a2b34fa6a8b4febe801e8101",
  "errors": [
{
  "errorMessage": "interaction_required: AADSTS16000: User account '{EUII Hidden}' from identity provider 'live.com' does not exist in tenant 'Microsoft Services' and cannot access the application 'e6694c91-1590-4e35-9bb7-b865c638b9c1'(Microsoft_Azure_SupportPortalExtension) in that tenant. The account needs to be added as an external user in the tenant first. Sign out and sign in again with a different Azure Active Directory user account. Trace ID: 2238fb5a-dc03-4ab9-a9f8-f8c55d2f0200 Correlation ID: a813df6c-19a5-4452-8fed-c5fcc6748e73 Timestamp: 2025-11-11 12:34:41Z",
  "clientId": "e6694c91-1590-4e35-9bb7-b865c638b9c1",
  "scopes": [
    "959678cf-d004-4c22-82a6-d2ce549a58b8/.default"
  ]
}
  ]
}
Microsoft Security | Microsoft Entra | Microsoft Entra ID

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.