Why does Disk2VHD have no Physical disk tree?

Alan Tonn 0 Reputation points
2025-11-10T19:48:53.8833333+00:00

I was trying to use this tool today, and I figured out what I needed, but the fact that I had to figure out some way with DiskPart to know what the particular partitions were that I needed to Image kind of speaks to the 1 thing Disk2VHD is lacking. A physical drive "tree" showing the user what partitions are on which physical drive.

User's image

Like I said, I figured it out, but it took an extra 5 minutes and a second utility to help me know which of the partitions I needed to copy to my image. It would be helpful if the drives showed with a expand and collapse button that showed the partitions collapsed in the drive entry.

Any chance we could see that added sometime in the future?

Sysinternals
Sysinternals

Advanced system utilities to manage, troubleshoot, and diagnose Windows and Linux systems and applications.

0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.