How to edit Microsoft-managed policy

Matthew Castaldo 0 Reputation points
2025-11-10T15:25:43.8+00:00

2025-11-10 10_31_43-Settings

I need to edit Microsoft-managed policies because I want to exclude a break glass account I have from needing two authentication methods - so that it's only a FIDO key as the sole authentication method.

I attached a photo of the error I receive. I am able to exclude the user I want, but cannot save the policy because there is no user or group selected in the "include" section.

I am a global admin so I'm not sure why this is greyed out for me. If anyone has anything they can share, it would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Microsoft Security | Microsoft Entra | Microsoft Entra ID

1 answer

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.

    2 deleted comments

    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.