Error: 5000225 --This tenant has been blocked due to inactivity

benchan 20 Reputation points
2025-11-10T08:47:28.33+00:00

NOTE: I could not find an a Tenant or Entra tag / child tag. None seemed ideal so please move as appropriate.

I have a tenant with a custom domain. It has been working for more than a year, but since last month I cannot login with a tenant user. The error is:

Sign-in failed

Error code: AADSTS5000225

Error message: AADSTS5000225: This tenant has been blocked due to inactivity. To learn more about tenant lifecycle policies, see https://aka.ms/TenantLifecycle Trace ID: 1197d03f-c8a7-44b4-bbfe-2b75110d1e00 Correlation ID: d280ba05-a23b-4cf7-b1fd-5be9c3ba440d Timestamp: 2025-11-10 08:33:54Z

Following the link it sent me to a support chat. They directed me to an link to open a support ticket, but it redirected me to Azure to open the ticket. Then the same error occurs. So I am not able to log a ticket with Microsoft.

Next I logged in with the Azure administrator account (which added the tenant). On the Manage Tenants page when I click the tenant it shows "You do not have access" with a 403 error code.

How can I regain access to this tenant? I would prefer not to recreate it as the require a new onmicrosoft prefix.

Thank you and best regards -- Ben

Microsoft Security | Microsoft Entra | Microsoft Entra ID

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.