How to login to Microsoft account for Minecraft on ps5???

Rover 0 Reputation points
2025-11-08T22:47:10.6933333+00:00

I keep constantly getting error code: drowned when I try to login on my ps5. I feel like I’ve tried everything atp, I’ve reset the console, it’s not a linking problem I don’t think, because when I made this account, it was specifically made for Minecraft and it worked that first time. So the two accounts SHOULD be linked, But now I’m signed out and it won’t let me sign in again.

Moved from: Community Center | Not monitored

Windows for home | Other | Gaming

Locked Question. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

4 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. d7oomyh alghamdi‬‏ 0 Reputation points
    2026-05-26T12:20:25.8966667+00:00

    "I am getting Error Code: Drowned on Minecraft PlayStation 5. The account works fine on mobile but fails to connect on console even after reinstalling the game."

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Kayece Jan Mae Amizola 16,680 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-11-09T01:13:13.5466667+00:00

    Hi,

    I understand how frustrating it is not to be able to play Minecraft due to the login issue on your PS5. May I ask if you could log in to your MS account on the Microsoft official website without a problem?
    Please also check if the MS account is still linked to your PlayStation. It can be that it was unlinked and needed to be linked again.

    Please also try to log in to your MS account on the official website of Minecraft and see if you can log in properly.

    I look forward to your response.

    Stay Safe!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
  3. Kayece Jan Mae Amizola 16,680 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-11-10T01:59:03.0266667+00:00

    I see. Have you done the following steps below?

    • Try starting Minecraft on your PlayStation. 
    • Select Settings on the Minecraft launch screen.
    • Select the Account tab.
    • Select Unlink Microsoft account.
    • Confirm that you want to unlink accounts.
    • Select Unlink.
    • Completely turn off your PS5.
    • Unplug for 30 seconds, then plug again and turn on.
    • Try to link again by signing in to Minecraft

    If you still have the same issue, try turning off your wifi, go to your launcher, then try it turn it on again, then sign in again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
  4. AI answer

    2025-11-08T22:47:18.6333333+00:00

    To troubleshoot the error code "drowned" when trying to log into your Microsoft account for Minecraft on PS5, you can try the following steps:

    1. Check Account Linking: Ensure that your Microsoft account is properly linked to your Minecraft account. You can do this by visiting the official Minecraft website and checking your account settings.
    2. Update Your Console: Make sure your PS5 is running the latest system software. Sometimes, outdated software can cause login issues.
    3. Check for Service Outages: Occasionally, Microsoft services may experience outages. You can check the status of Xbox Live services to see if there are any ongoing issues that might affect your login.
    4. Reset Your Password: If you suspect that there may be an issue with your account credentials, try resetting your Microsoft account password and then attempt to log in again.
    5. Clear Cache: Restart your PS5 and clear its cache. This can sometimes resolve temporary issues that may be causing login problems.
    6. Contact Support: If none of the above steps work, consider reaching out to Microsoft support for further assistance with your account.

    These steps should help you resolve the login issue you're experiencing with your Microsoft account on PS5.

    AI-generated content may be incorrect. Read our transparency notes for more information.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.