I can't login my hotmail account, system keep asking parents consent but I'm over 18

kelly 0 Reputation points
2025-11-07T13:24:22.5+00:00

Hi team,

Sorry I have to login another hotmail account to ask this question.

This question is for my hotmail account: <Mod remove PII> @hotmail.com

I can't login my own hotmail account <Mod remove PII> @hotmail.com, I've reset passward, however everytime I try to login, system asked me parent's consent , but I'm over 18 !

I don't know who set up this for my email, can you please remove this retriction for me to allow me login my hotmail account.

Please kindly response to my nominated email , many thanks!

Kelly

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Email

2 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Noel Macadangdang 16,895 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-11-07T16:45:19.46+00:00

    Hi Kelly,

    Thank you for sharing your issue. It looks like your Hotmail account is messed up and you're a kid, so it's asking for a parent's permission, even though you're an adult. This usually happens if your birthday on your Microsoft account is wrong or if you used to be part of a Microsoft Family group.

    Here's how to try and fix it.

    Log in to your Hotmail account.

    Look at your birthday.

    If it's wrong, change it so it shows you're over 18.

    Save it, log out, and log back in.

     If you can't change your birthday because you've changed it too many times, you might have to fill out the Microsoft Account Recovery Form.

    Getting Out of the Microsoft Family Group

    Go to https://account.microsoft.com/family.

    See if you're listed as a kid in a family group.

    May I also ask how old are you?

     

    Best Regards,

    Noel

    Was this answer helpful?


  2. AI answer

    2025-11-07T13:24:33.2333333+00:00

    If you are being asked for parental consent when trying to log into your Hotmail account, it is likely that your account is set up under a family group that requires parental approval for certain actions. Since you mentioned that you are over 18, you may want to check if you can manage your family settings or if you can remove the parental consent requirement by following these steps:

    1. Visit the Microsoft Family Safety page: Go to the Microsoft Family Safety website where you can manage family settings.
    2. Sign in with your Microsoft account: Use the credentials of the account that is requesting parental consent.
    3. Check family settings: Look for any settings related to parental consent and see if you can adjust them.
    4. Contact Microsoft Support: If you are unable to change the settings yourself, you may need to contact Microsoft Support for assistance in removing the parental consent requirement.

    Unfortunately, I cannot directly remove the restriction for you, but following these steps should help you resolve the issue.


    References:

    AI-generated content may be incorrect. Read our transparency notes for more information.

    Was this answer helpful?

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.