AADB2C90011: Client Id keeps throwing an error when it is correct

Andrew Saad 0 Reputation points
2025-11-07T04:01:32.46+00:00

I have a user flow in my tenant that is supposed to allow external users to signing via Google. When I created it, it was tied to an app registration that no longer exists.

When I login using the user flow, I keep seeing the error claiming I am using the wrong client id but the client is correct. The one it is referencing does not even exist:

AADB2C90011: The client id [NEW CLIENT ID] provided in the request does not match client id [OLD CLIENT ID] registered in policy.

To troubleshoot, I created (from scratch):

  • A new app registration
  • A new user flow

Then I updated the new user flow to include the new app registration. It STILL shows the same error above.

I cannot even delete the old application from the user flow as this article suggests, which I think would fix the issue if I could.

What policy could be forcing all user flows to use the [OLD CLIENT ID] even if the user flow itself does not have that client Id registered as a valid one? Has anyone else faced the same issue?

Microsoft Security | Microsoft Entra | Microsoft Entra External ID

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.