AADSTS50020 – Remove Personal Hotmail Account from Defunct Azure AD Tenant (Prunedge)

BABAJIDE SHOYEBO 0 Reputation points
2025-11-03T18:08:17.0266667+00:00

Hello,

I’m experiencing a persistent issue with my personal Microsoft account (Hotmail) when trying to sign in to Microsoft Office and other Microsoft services. I receive the following error:

AADSTS50020: User account 'myemail@hotmail.com' from identity provider 'live.com' does not exist in tenant 'Prunedge' and cannot access the application...

This error appears to be caused by my Hotmail account being previously linked as a guest to the Prunedge Azure AD tenant, which is now defunct. I no longer have access to the organization, and there is no administrator available to remove my account from the tenant.

I’ve attempted to leave the organization via https://myaccount.microsoft.com/organizations, but the tenant does not appear there, or I’m blocked due to the nature of the account being personal.

I contacted Microsoft Support and was advised to reach out to the Azure team for assistance. I’m requesting help to:

  • Remove the association between my Hotmail account and the Prunedge Azure AD tenant.
  • Resolve the AADSTS50020 error so I can access Microsoft services normally.
Microsoft Security | Microsoft Entra | Microsoft Entra ID

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.