Memory Feature Turning Off Unexpectedly in Copilot Message

NAC JR 0 Reputation points
2025-11-03T17:10:55.35+00:00

Memory Feature Turning Off Unexpectedly in Copilot

I'm experiencing an issue with the memory feature in Copilot. Although I keep turning memory on in my settings and I never manually disable it, it consistently turns off on its own between sessions. In fact, as I write these lines, I have gone into settings a number of times—turning it off and on again immediately, as well as rebooting my PC—but absolutely nothing happens. This disrupts my workflow, as I rely on memory to maintain continuity across strategic projects and conversations.

Here are a few details that might help:

• I’m signed in with my Microsoft account.

• I do not clear my chat history or browser data.

• I’ve confirmed that memory is toggled on in Settings → Personalization and memory.

• The issue persists across sessions and devices.

Could you please investigate why memory is not staying active and help resolve this?

Thank you,

Nico A. Cotzias Jr.

Microsoft Copilot | Microsoft 365 Copilot | Development
0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.