I. have been locked out of my PC after recent update. Effectively can do nothing

Michael Addison 0 Reputation points
2025-10-31T15:10:05.6966667+00:00

After an update of Windows 11 on 17 October I got a message on the screen indicating a problem with my PIN and requesting a reset. I logged into my Microsoft account and was sent a code by SMS text to my landline. I did not receive the text after several attempts. The box on the screen asked if I wanted the code sent another way but the drop down options would not appear. Possibly foolishly I used my ipad to change the phone number on my account to my mobile. Since then I can not even request a code and do anything with my PC including getting into safe mode. From the onset I have not been able to use fingerprint access.

I have had a number of suggestions from Microsoft on Facebook which did not work and it is impossible to speak to anyone at Microsoft which I find aggravating. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Accessibility

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.