How can I configure admin editable custom user attributes in Entra so they show on the user profile UI and can be sent via SCIM?

Nikita Cheretun 0 Reputation points
2025-10-31T09:27:32.78+00:00

Hi everyone,

Main Goal: I want to add custom attributes for users in Microsoft Entra that:

  1. Are visible and editable in the Entra Admin Center on the user’s profile blade (so admins can fill them in without Graph/PowerShell), and
  2. Can be used as source attributes in Provisioning -> Attribute mappings to send them via SCIM to a downstream app (Auth0).

What I’ve tried:

  1. onPremisesExtensionAttributes (extensionAttribute1..15): I can use them as SCIM sources, but they’re generally not editable in the user UI.
  2. Directory schema extensions (extension_{AppId}_{Attr}): great for SCIM sources, but created/edited via Graph API. They don’t appear as editable fields on the user profile blade.

Any other options ? Thanks in advance.

Microsoft Security | Microsoft Entra | Microsoft Entra ID

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.