Individual Developer - Verified Badge - Is it possible?

mwf 20 Reputation points
2025-10-30T08:05:13.6366667+00:00

I am registered as an Individual developer, and would like to get the Verified Badge.
My app is already available on the Microsoft Store, and released several times.

I want to overcome this restriction, which limits my applications use:

Starting November 9th, 2020 end users will no longer be able to 
grant consent to newly registered multitenant apps without 
verified publishers.

I am not able to find any information on how to do this as an Individual Developer.
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-nz/partner-center/enroll/verification-responses

What is the best option to get this badge for a 100% free app. I do not want to register a company, open a bank account, file zero tax returns, etc. - What is the simplest solution here?

Is there some step I am a missing ?
I am viewing these pages logged in on my personal email address, but logging in as a non personal, makes no difference either.

On the Azure Portal, under "Branding & Properties" I see the following where I am presented with an "Add MPN ID", which is just a "self" link back to the portal itself.

https://entra.microsoft.com/#view/Microsoft_AAD_RegisteredApps/ApplicationMenuBlade/~/supportRequest/appId/<some guid>/isMSAApp~/false
image

On my Partner Portal under Identity
https://partner.microsoft.com/en-us/dashboard/account/v3/organization/identity
User's image

Microsoft Partner Center | Other

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.