Does region difference affect in integration of AI search in Foundry agent

Hari Krishna, Gudditi 0 Reputation points
2025-10-29T13:46:55.8433333+00:00

I have created my Azure AI search service in region Central US and I am trying to use it as knowledge in my Azure AI foundry Agent which is in region EastUS. Will this region difference affect the integration of Search service in my Agent knowledge?

If this doesn't affect, then my Agent is unable to use the AI search knowledge to answer questions. I am using basic tier which is semantic enabled search service and the I am using GPT 4.1 model. Please let me know how can I fix this.

Azure Advisor
Azure Advisor

An Azure personalized recommendation engine that helps users follow best practices to optimize Azure deployments.


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.