Microsoft 365 Copilot Licensing Queries

Matthew Simpson 0 Reputation points
2025-10-28T12:30:31.4766667+00:00

I want to ensure that I am definitely passing on the correct information to clients regarding Copilot licensing requirements - is there a definitive list of different functionalities for licensed Copilot users?

I know that users require a base business licence such as E5 or Business Premium, then the additional M365 Copilot licence on top of this to get the full functionality. What functions are available to users just with the base business licence?

For example, I know that they can still access M365 Copilot chat, with its enterprise data protection, but what about things like using Copilot during Teams meetings to summarise what has been said so far? Is this a function only available to users with the additional M365 Copilot licence?

Thank you in advance!

Microsoft Copilot | Microsoft 365 Copilot | Development
0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.