How do I turn off McAfee off on my new Win 11

Georg Wille 65 Reputation points
2025-10-27T18:19:47.77+00:00

I have bought a new win 11 laptop machine and it comes with McAfee enabled, as shown in Settings - Privacy & security - Virus & threat protection.

  1. My information is that Windows Defender can do the job all alone - is that not right?
  2. How do I uninstall McAfee from my machine?
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Apps
0 comments No comments

Answer accepted by question author
Craig Long 18,640 Reputation points
2025-10-27T20:27:04.7533333+00:00

Hi, and welcome to Microsoft Q&A.

Yes, Windows Defender, along with Windows Security, is all you need to get the job done. The Windows Security settings are at Windows Start > Settings > Privacy and Security > Windows Security.

You can uninstall McAfee by going to Windows Start > Settings > Apps > Installed Apps. Scroll down to the McAfee program and uninstall it.

I hope that helps.

Craig

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.

1 additional answer

Sort by: Newest
  1. CrazyKats 19,920 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2025-10-27T23:38:15.98+00:00

    Hi Georg,

    In case you have any issue, McAfee

    also has their own removal tool to

    Uninstall McAfee.

    https://www.mcafee.com/support/s/article/000001616?language=en_US

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.