MSIX http link flagged as virus, even after Microsoft Security Intelligence confirmed file is OK

Steve 45 Reputation points
2025-10-25T23:53:51.1+00:00

I signed AugeanInstaller.exe with Trusted Signing
I packaged it as an MSIX
I signed the MSIX with trusted signing via GitHub actions.

you can see it here
https://github.com/augean/Augean_Public
The Augean-Installer.msix is being marked as a virus when attempting to download it.

So I submitted the following. to Microsoft Security Intelligence
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/submission/61db0f99-d4e4-4e19-86bd-56d697cd8bdc

They confirmed it was NOT a virus
And I followed their instructions to update Virus Definitions
(see ticket, which shows how to update)

After I updated the virus definition, it worked - once
But, I tried it 10 minutes later, and again it was flagged as a Virus
I repeated this on another computer and rebooted after updating virus definitions.
But Edge refused to let me download and said it was a virus.

Any idea?
Your own security portal confirms the file is OK (see the above link)
But, even after updating virus definitions / rebooting , it is still flagged as a virus.

I have had to disable the download link on https://www.augean.com/
which prevents people from using the product

can you help, thanks !!!!

Microsoft Security | Microsoft Defender | Other

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.