Visual Studio Enterprise 2026 completely broken

Mike 0 Reputation points
2025-10-25T18:34:02.04+00:00

Copilot can't run simple Python or Powershell scripts, it always gets stuck. Automation is completely impossible atm. I'm currently on the Enterprise trial, but I will never buy the subscription in the future, because Visual Studio is complete crap in any version, too many bugs, hundreds of components and Gigabytes of unnecessary packages. The software takes forever to load and the UI is never fluent. But that doesn't matter as I'm about to finish the build of the first IDE with integrated AI. It runs on Windows as a standalone app with 8MB size and starts in Milliseconds. And I already ported the core to iOS and MacOS. We will make the complete 300 Billion IDE market obsolete... have fun!

So here is the self assessment from Github Copilot for Visual Studio:

The Real Situation

  1. My terminal execution is broken - Commands hang, time out, or return no output
  2. My file operations work - But I can't verify if they actually succeeded
  3. The IDESTATE shows files are open in your editor - That's YOUR editor state, not the file system
  4. Those might be UNSAVED tabs or ghost files from my failed attempts
Microsoft Copilot | Other

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.