General Application Instability in Windows 11

Nathan deGruyter 10 Reputation points
2025-10-24T22:43:23.6533333+00:00

Hi, I'm a previous Windows 10 user who, like a lot of people, was forced to buy a new computer when I was forcibly upgraded to Windows 11. Thank you Microsoft.

This OS change has come with a lot of stability issues. Windows Explorer will frequently hang and crash. Returning this error:

Description
A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.
Faulting Application Path:	C:\Windows\explorer.exe
Problem signature
Problem Event Name:	AppHangXProcB1
Application Name:	explorer.exe
Application Version:	10.0.26100.6725
Application Timestamp:	4db8029a
Hang Signature:	1b8c
Hang Type:	134217800
Waiting on Application Name:	svchost.exe
Waiting on Application Version:	10.0.26100.5074
OS Version:	10.0.26200.2.0.0.768.101
Locale ID:	4105
Additional Hang Signature 1:	1b8c5d70c7414ea683bca23fabb7b4e7
Additional Hang Signature 2:	8686
Additional Hang Signature 3:	8686936f89e21a3b5905f18be3d7191f
Additional Hang Signature 4:	0007
Additional Hang Signature 5:	00075dd9b708f03029698daa026e43fb
Additional Hang Signature 6:	a32f
Additional Hang Signature 7:	a32f51175b379ce67ddd23c03382bf0d
Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID:	c62715e883fd4abae7ad0e85aa788cbf (1706035801096752319)


These crashes are incredibly common, happening upwards of 4 times per hour and can be triggered on-command by toggling my USB KVM.

User's image

Along with windows explorer, I frequently encounter crashes with Firefox, Discord, and 90% of the time lose access to the snipping tool shortcut (win-shift-s)

I have tried running both sfc scans, and dism restores, to no avail. I have had this computer for a month.

Why is this OS so unstable, and why was the entire Microsoft userbase pigeon-holed into using it if it is not stable product (Aside from the obvious huge check from Open-AI)?

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.