How to fix Microsoft Authenticator prompt for new mobile device ?

Rajindra Sheran 10 Reputation points
2025-10-24T11:56:57.8066667+00:00

I am having a very hard time logging into Azure portal using my personal Microsoft account where the already set up microsoft authenticator is trying to send authenticator prompt for my old mobile device.

The thing that happened was I had to change my mobile device for which the authenticate prompt was initially mapped to and I forgot to disable MFA and map the authenticator prompt to the new mobile device.

Because of this I am stuck in a loop in the login process as given in the snapshot when trying "I can't use my authenticator app right now" option :

User's image

User's image

I need this resolved ASAP so that I can sign into the Azure portal to pay my bill and access the resources.

Microsoft Security | Microsoft Entra | Microsoft Entra ID

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.