How to fix Security Health Systray.exe - bad image

Gk 0 Reputation points
2025-10-23T19:01:31.42+00:00

Hi I have had this error User's image

For a couple of days, I haven't downloaded anything weird recently. Yesterday I had my laptop go into bit locker mode, which i eventually fixed with a system restore. This error persists.

I have tried almost every fix I can find online including
SFC/Dism commands

installing a new C++ redistributable

fix problems with windows update

resetting windows security with this command:

Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.SecHealthUI -AllUsers | Reset-AppxPackage

Reregistering the dll with this command: regsvr32 SecurityHealthSSO.dll

I've seen you can replace the dll like in this article:

https://www.winhelponline.com/blog/securityhealthsystray-bad-image-0xc000012f

but when I looked online I wasn't able to find the right version

Sysinternals
Sysinternals

Advanced system utilities to manage, troubleshoot, and diagnose Windows and Linux systems and applications.


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.