dev.azure.com/vscode having auth issues (federated login)

mb21 0 Reputation points
2025-10-23T07:51:31.9933333+00:00

I can login to my Microsoft account, but whenever I then navigate to https://dev.azure.com/vscode, I need to login again, and then I get redirected to https://login.microsoftonline.com/common/federation/oauth2msa where it says:

AADSTS50020: User account '[myemail]' from identity provider 'live.com' does not exist in tenant 'Microsoft' and cannot access the application '499b84ac-1321-427f-aa17-267ca6975798'(Azure DevOps) in that tenant. The account needs to be added as an external user in the tenant first. Sign out and sign in again with a different Azure Active Directory user account.

Is there some problem with my account or is this happening for everyone?

I really need to push an update to https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=mastro.mastro-vscode-extension and my personal access token is expired :-(

Azure App Configuration
Azure App Configuration

An Azure service that provides hosted, universal storage for Azure app configurations.


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.