Azure Function App has daily 11:30–21:30 CET connectivity failures to Blob, ADLS Gen2, Table, and OneLake when hosted in Azure

Uffe Torlyn 0 Reputation points
2025-10-21T07:49:37.48+00:00

I have a Function App that reads and writes to different storage services: Azure Blob storage, Azure Data Lake Storage Gen2, Azure Table Storage and Microsoft Fabric OneLake. Since the 11th October I have experiencing mayor connectivity issues every day typically between 11:30 CET and 21:30 CET. I experience this when trying to read/write from ALL the above storage types, but only when running the azure function from the cloud. I at least haven't noticed connectivity issues when running locally.

This causes our various Azure Functions to performed dramatically slower and frequently fails, which causes direct impact on our business.

All of my services (including the Function App itself) are located in North Europe.

We don't believe that we have made any mayor adjustments on our side that could have caused this.

Any ideas?

Overall:
User's image

Example of a specific date:
User's image

Example of errors that I am getting from the Azure Function Log

Fabric Onelake: Here I simply just get a timeout after 60 secs *Severity level: Error, Message: Error initializing DeltaTable: Generic MicrosoftAzure error: Error after 10 retries in 56.895418454s, max_retries:10, retry_timeout:180s, source:error sending request for url (https://onelake.blob.fabric.microsoft.com/Prod/Gold.Lakehouse/Tables/XXX/_delta_log/_last_checkpoint) *

Data Lake Gen 2: Here, I am trying to read a gzipped file from a Azure Storage Datalake Gen2, but it also keeps timing out.*

1:57:35.812 PM Trace Severity level: Information, Message: Request URL: 'https://STORAGE_ACCOUNT.blob.core.windows.net/CONTAINER/FOLDER/2025/10/15/20251015T114510.xml.gzip'

Request method: 'GET'

Request headers:

'x-ms-range': 'REDACTED'

'x-ms-version': 'REDACTED'

'Accept': 'application/xml'

'User-Agent': 'azsdk-python-storage-dfs/12.15.0 Python/3.11.13 (Linux-5.15.186.1-1.cm2-x86_64-with-glibc2.36)'

'x-ms-date': 'REDACTED'

'x-ms-client-request-id': '23ce6bac-a9be-11f0-82f0-7a00aea24422'

'Authorization': 'REDACTED'

No body was attached to the request

1:58:06.787 PM Trace Severity level: Information, Message: Request URL: 'https://STORAGE_ACCOUNT.blob.core.windows.net/CONTAINER/FOLDER/2025/10/15/20251015T114510.xml.gzip'

Request method: 'GET'

Request headers:

'x-ms-range': 'REDACTED'

'x-ms-version': 'REDACTED'

'Accept': 'application/xml'

'User-Agent': 'azsdk-python-storage-dfs/12.15.0 Python/3.11.13 (Linux-5.15.186.1-1.cm2-x86_64-with-glibc2.36)'

'x-ms-date': 'REDACTED'

'x-ms-client-request-id': '3644f116-a9be-11f0-82f0-7a00aea24422'

'Authorization': 'REDACTED'

No body was attached to the request

1:58:41.443 PM Trace Severity level: Information, Message: Request URL: 'https://STORAGE_ACCOUNT.blob.core.windows.net/CONTAINER/FOLDER/2025/10/15/20251015T114510.xml.gzip'

Request method: 'GET'

Request headers:

'x-ms-range': 'REDACTED'

'x-ms-version': 'REDACTED'

'Accept': 'application/xml'

'User-Agent': 'azsdk-python-storage-dfs/12.15.0 Python/3.11.13 (Linux-5.15.186.1-1.cm2-x86_64-with-glibc2.36)'

'x-ms-date': 'REDACTED'

'x-ms-client-request-id': '4aed1238-a9be-11f0-82f0-7a00aea24422'

'Authorization': 'REDACTED'

No body was attached to the request

1:59:33.671 PM Trace Severity level: Information, Message: Request URL: 'https://STORAGE_ACCOUNT.blob.core.windows.net/CONTAINER/FOLDER/2025/10/15/20251015T114510.xml.gzip'

Request method: 'GET'

Request headers:

'x-ms-range': 'REDACTED'

'x-ms-version': 'REDACTED'

'Accept': 'application/xml'

'User-Agent': 'azsdk-python-storage-dfs/12.15.0 Python/3.11.13 (Linux-5.15.186.1-1.cm2-x86_64-with-glibc2.36)'

'x-ms-date': 'REDACTED'

'x-ms-client-request-id': '6a0e6338-a9be-11f0-82f0-7a00aea24422'

'Authorization': 'REDACTED'

No body was attached to the request

1:59:43.681 PM Trace Severity level: Error, Message: Error:

Azure Functions
Azure Functions

An Azure service that provides an event-driven serverless compute platform.


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.