Can't update from Windows 10 to Windows 11

SJStro 0 Reputation points
2025-10-19T14:21:44.1966667+00:00

A little bit late to the party, I have looked into upgrading from W10 to W11 today. My computer does meet the minimum hardware requirements and (after activating TMP in the Bios) also both a 3rd party Health Checker as well as the PC Health Check from Windows both give a green light for the update.

However, both the Windows Update tab in my W10 settings as well as the the Windows 11 installer from the Microsoft website say otherwise and don't let me install the update. Is there any other way to update to Windows 11? Do you have any tips on how I can convince the installation tool or the update function that my PC meets the requirements? Or is this a function not a bug since the support life of W10 has ended? In that case, which installer do I have to use to install with a newly purchased key?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.