Lost access to Azure resources after GoDaddy Microsoft 365 domain removal and recreation — need to recover old tenant or re-associate subscription

Adam 0 Reputation points
2025-10-17T20:27:59.9566667+00:00

Hi everyone,

I’m trying to regain access to my Azure resources after my Microsoft 365 domain (managed through GoDaddy) was deleted and then re-created.

Here’s the background:

  • My Microsoft 365 and Azure environment were originally set up through GoDaddy using the domain contosoexample.com.

The domain was accidentally removed, which caused the original Azure Active Directory (Entra ID) tenant to be deleted or orphaned.

The domain has since been re-added in GoDaddy, which automatically created a new tenant.

I can now sign in to the Azure Portal with my usual user account (e.g., ******@contosoexample.com), but none of my original Azure resources are visible.

However, I still have RDP access to one of the VMs that is hosted under the old tenant, so I know the resources still exist.

Here’s what I’ve confirmed so far:

VM name: `

Microsoft Security | Microsoft Entra | Other
0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.