Local Server failing to open MABS

Jeff Graff 0 Reputation points
2025-10-17T19:41:34.9333333+00:00

My MABS server ran out of disk space on the OS volume. I increased the drive and rebooted. I am receiving an error that Connection to the DPM service has been lost. Review the application event log for information about a possible service shutdown. Verify the following servers are not disabled. DPM DPM REplication Agent, SQLAgent$MSDPMINSTANCE, MSSQL$MSDPMINSTANCE Virtual Disk Server and Volume Shadow Copy. ID 917. The DPM Access ManagerService service is running and the DPM Writer. The others appear to start after these.

I got the DPM, DPM Agent Coordinator, DPMLA, and DPM RA to start ok. But when I start MABS, it fails again and those service shut back down.

Lots of application errors in event viewer (related to MSDPM, .net Runtime, and Application error (msdpm.exe)

I thought I could try to repair MABS but the only option I see is to uninstall.

Azure Backup
Azure Backup

An Azure backup service that provides built-in management at scale.


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.