Tenant lifecycle errors on just created account

Ken Cantrell 0 Reputation points
2025-10-17T01:13:48.3066667+00:00

I am a personal user attempting to try out Azure for the first time.

I just created my azure account and provided my cc#, using my personal outlook.com based email address.

As soon as I attempt to login (go to the azure portal) I get this message:

Sign-in failed

Error code: AADSTS5000225

Error message: AADSTS5000225: This tenant has been blocked due to inactivity. To learn more about tenant lifecycle policies, see https://aka.ms/TenantLifecycle Trace ID: ea9179cf-e5f1-4d4a-b49d-02e639381300 Correlation ID: 2592f27e-2bd0-4039-97f6-30b8add277da Timestamp: 2025-10-17 01:02:48Z

I don't understand why this is happening -- I've not tried to create an azure account in the last 20 days, so there should be no idle tenant.

the "home" help services won't touch azure

I can't create a commercial help ticket because I'm not a commercial user, I'm a personal user

Copilot suggested someone here may see this and be able to help me escalate. Please help!

Microsoft Security | Microsoft Entra | Microsoft Entra External ID

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.